My concept was to use the fabric left from cutting the asymmetrical hemline to make the triangular gussets on the sides. Those triangles turned out to be too wide, so there was still a strip of fabric left over there. I also cut armholes and facings, so while I used up some tubes and balls of yarn, I still have a pile of scraps in my stash. Oh, well.
Those horizontal lines in the front piece aren't flaws or weaving errors; I just couldn't let well enough alone and had to introduce some random weft variations to relieve the monotony of weaving plain weave with a single yarn.
The hand of the fabric is a little heavier than I would have liked, but it's wearable, I had fun and I'm happy with the pattern I created.