Monday, April 11, 2016

Home again from CNCH 2016 Modesto

I just got home from a weekend at another great CNCH, the Conference of Northern California Handweavers, where I took a one-and-a-half day workshop on doup leno with Patrice George.  What a fun class, in which I learned a different setup than the one I've been using, where the doups are hung from the top heddle bar vs. coming up from the bottom.  In the photo you can see the shed I was getting on my little table loom.  The advantage is that it uses only one harness instead of the 2-harness combination as I've been doing.  I foresee some experiments now to see which system is going to work best for me.

Patrice had us doing some warp substitution, rethreading and resleying to try out different effects.  Check out a couple of the funky knitting yarns I was playing with.  Quite freeing weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment