Friday, January 29, 2016

Next Samples

Here are the next doup leno samples I made, by making some of the warps white to contrast with the various blues I had in the first sample.

The white warp is more clearly showing off the lozenge-like shapes I wanted to see.











I tried out the different blues in the weft to see what they would do.

A darker-valued weft emphasizes a different patterning.











I think the white weft is coming closest to what I am after for my current purpose.  I like how all the white lines are working together making all these fractured-looking shapes like cracks running through.

Which is ironic, since the white weft was what I thought was making it not work on the previous warp.











On the reverse side, distinct little diamond shapes are formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment